Friday, April 25, 2014

# beet root recipe # food

Food Review: Beet Root Tauhu Sambal

This is my first attempt at cooking beet root, one of the most healthiest tuber there is to it. I was hungry two nights ago and the fried kailan wasn't enough for me so my dad got me 5 tauhu to make tauhu sambal to go along with the fried kailan

What you need for the recipe:

5 tofu, cubed
1 tablespoon of Chili Boh
2 onions, diced small
3 tablespoon of Life Chili Sauce
1/2 table spoon turmeric powder
1/2 table spoon chili powder
1/2 table spoon curry powder
200 grams (appx) of beet root, blended (add more if you want thicker gravy)
3 tomatoes blended
sugar and salt to taste

This is how I did my recipe:

Cut 5 pieces of tauhu into cubes and microwave/deep fry them. I put them in the oven for about 15 minutes with roast chicken function. So my tofu/tauhu came out looking like it was deep fried. Cooked outside, soft and moist inside. You can microwave it but they will take forever to cook, and the insides will dry out fast before the exterior gets cooked. My oven has rods at the top (like the toaster oven) or electric oven and it looks like a microwave, but I can heat up food in stainless steel pots and bowls

Then I added 3 tablespoon of oil to my stainless steel heavy bottomed dented wok, and stir fried diced onions and Chili Boh paste on high heat until it became fragrant.

Then I added in the tomato puree, and the beet root puree.

Reduce the heat to medium and add in the powders and salt. When your sambal starts to bubble, add in the tauhu pieces.

Finally let it cook until you see a sheen of oil appearing at the top

I added the Chili Sauce because it wasn't spicy enough. Then I realized I over did it added some sugar into it.

Here's some pictures after the jump


No comments:

Post a Comment