Friday, March 23, 2012

# banting # jugra

Trip to the Jugra Orphanage

Last night, mum, dad, Boby and I went to the local orphanage to gave them dinner. Mum made potfuls of chapattis, dal, mug bean sag and dessert. It was an eye opening visit, I can't remember the last time I visited an orphanage I think I was ten or twelve back then.  Not that I am not thankful with what I have but made me realize how blessed and rich I am compared to these guys. Some of them had been abandoned by their own mothers as infants at the orphanage doorsteps, and most of the elderly folks there were abandoned by their kids at the local hospital and sent here by good Samaritans. They all stay in a huge 3500sqft with sprawling garden donated to them by a good doctor. And just 15 mins away from my house. It's a small world after all










No comments:

Post a Comment